Working With Other Organisations
Whilst much of the work I undertake relates to Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) Pension Funds and their main service providers, I am also able to consider requests for assistance from other organisations, such as corporate pension funds and charities.
Clearly most of my career has been spent in public sector-related investment environments - however, the core components of the work I've undertaken are entirely relevant to the corporate sector pension fund and charity investment world.
In addition to my investment, pensions, custody and consulting experience, I also have a great deal of experience of preparing written reports on a wide range of topics including:
- Investment Performance Measurement
- Proxy Voting / Corporate Governance
- ESG Monitoring
- Investment strategy & advice
- Investment Manager monitoring
- Custodian performance monitoring
- Client communications
I have, in the past, also written articles and blog entries for a pensions magazine and a public sector finance website. I have a very good understanding of most investment matters, and have a particular talent for taking complex investment topics and turning them in to much more accessible reading material.
- assisting in the selection process for investment consultants, asset managers
- providing temporary/part-time cover for pensions staff on investment-
- reviewing, improving and also creating from scratch investment and
governance monitoring reports
- designing and delivering bespoke Trustee investment training sessions
- undertaking general indepent advisor work